The Explorer Software Group is a leading provider of enterprise software solutions for the construction industry, offering a broad range of solutions for small, mid-sized and large enterprises worldwide. Explorer’s construction-specific solutions offer rich functionality, a full application suite and best-in-class customization capabilities.
The Accounting Software Implementation Specialist is responsible to work with our customers, recommending best-practices software utilization and implementation. Key responsibilities include delivering application training, and managing customer go-lives from project management, data conversion, implementation, training, and user guidance, through to post-implementation support.
Your training presentation style inspires people to want to learn more. You offer a strong understanding of technology and a pride in facilitating the learning process. You are flexible, very self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced team environment. You must be willing to travel extensively and possess a valid passport.
It is critical that you have a minimum of 2 years accounting and business experience, with an accounting or finance degree preferred. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- -Troubleshoot and research customer software issues
- -Train new customers to use Explorer’s construction software solutions
- -Provide consulting services and needs analysis for the planning, conversion and implementation process for our customers, along with recommending best-practice utilization of the various applications
- -Provide product and business knowledge to support customers and ensure successful implementations
- -Deliver application training workshops at our annual user conference
- -Maintain subject matter expertise in the various software modules and assist our technical support group when subject matter expertise is needed
- -Assess current skills and knowledge gaps for existing customers and implement training programs to address those gaps
Qualifications and Experience:
- -CRITICAL: Minimum 2 years accounting and business experience, with an accounting or finance degree preferred
- -Construction industry knowledge
- -Significant experience in implementing or working with Canadian payroll. Experience in union reporting and/or US payroll are additional assets.
- -Professional and confident in appearance and presentation
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate customers
- -Must be a disciplined “self-starter” and operate without daily supervision
- -Good organizational and planning skills
- -Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams and Outlook). SQL and XML experience an asset.
- -Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exceptional customer service
- -Must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time
- -Fluency in French or Spanish is an asset
Explorer Software Group is primarily a virtual company. Our unique virtual office model has many benefits, both for our employees and for the environment:
- -Employees are supplied with the most current tools to ensure they can perform effectively
- -Explorer provides laptops, headphones, and other hardware required for the position.
- -Explorer provides access to a VOIP communication system.
- -Explorer pays for high-speed Internet access
- -Time is not spent in commuting to an office, giving employees more time to spend at home
- -Explorer’s virtual office promotes a cleaner environmental footprint, by reducing car emission and gas consumption.
This is a full-time salaried position and qualifies for Explorer’s standard benefit plan. Starting salary is dependent upon qualification and experience.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word, with position title in subject line to: email@example.com